Please login to continue
Forgot your password?
Recover it here.
Don't have an account?
Sign Up Now!
Register for a Free Account
Choose Password
Confirm Password

Bolivia: Gospel on Wheels

Project #71970
Bolivia Church Planting Latin America
Bolivia, located in the central region of South America, has a large Mennonite community. More than 100,000 Mennonites live in 106 colonies across the country. They speak a German dialect called Plautdietsch. 

Only 5% of Mennonites in Bolivia are part of an evangelical church. The other 95% live in colonies where following Jesus is highly discouraged. In fact, if a person in a colony becomes a follower of Christ, in many cases that person has to leave their colony and find work, a church, and a life elsewhere. People in these community’s often feel hopeless and struggle with addictions and abuse.

Our missionaries in Bolivia have been working to reach Mennonite communities in the Pailon area, south of Santa Cruz. As they've ministered there with their church, they’ve learned that unbelievers are uncomfortable attending any of their outreach events in the church. For this reason, we have developed the project Gospel on Wheels. Gospel on Wheels will be a mobile tool to help take the message of light to the darkness.

Through this project a truck will be purchased and a covered stage, complete with lights and a sound system, will be constructed on the back. It will be designed for easy set up and break down. Monthly evangelistic events will be planned, and the truck will be taken to different communities where the gospel will be preached in a “neutral” setting.

Your investment will provide for a truck, a stage, and a sound system. With your help, the gospel will be communicated in areas of Bolivia where Christ is not known. We trust that where seeds are planted through this ministry God will make them grow and He will be glorified through His church.


$40,000 Project Goal
$39,340 Amount Raised
$660 Still Needed

Related Opportunities:

Related Stories:

24 Aug 15
Marie Drown, retired missionary
Church Planting Ecuador Latin America
Legacy in the Jungles of Ecuador
A special blog by retired missionaries, Frank and Marie Drown. Marie tells a story from their years in missions with the Shuar people, who now have the Bible in their own language.
Read More
07 Jan 16
Ivan & Mary Goossen, missionaries to Brazil
Brazil Church Planting Field Story
The Town Drunk
What do people say about us? Check out this wonderful story of God's redeeming love in a small, Brazilian town.
Read More
11 Mar 16
Rachael Adcock
Africa Asia
What is an Unreached People Group?
Unreached People Groups have become the focus for many missions efforts around the world. Of the 7 billion people in our world, over 3 billion are unreached.
Read More